Skip to main content
Its quite often that we ignore the plight of those who taught us how to think. Quite easily we tend to forget the sacrifices they made for us, the nights they were awake and they were there with those warm comforting hands. Quite easily, their inocent ways of looking at life and concern that can be seen in their eyes when all's not well. The fact that they dont sleep well,when miles away we (or atleast i) are not at rest.

Some of us do realise their worth but those who dont do so end up rendering them in the twilight of their life to sad avenues like old age homes. So, i for a change put myself in the shoes of those who are less fortunate and came up with the following lines. Its a small attempt to look at the misery and pain that might be felt by them.


I know I am going to be alone now,
Coz no ones going to be home now,
But then this is how always, my daily story ends.
Bills adorn my walls now,
But surprisingly somehow,
Busy in all my ways I am-is how I pretend.

Walls around me smirk at my face,
An old calendar, an empty plate,
Those who were mine I have set free, among pleasures are where they roam.
Unkempt and forgotten amongst thoughts sweet and rotten
Memories are all that I have for company in this old age home.

Comments

Rejil Krishnan said…
It touched me as wud it do to a lot of people arnd...i hv seen people gng insane, becoming destitute and lots more... but evn i cudnt help it.. stil helpless ... i knw not whts in store...
RB said…
They're the gods many refuse to see.
Pinky Nigam said…
My favourite of them all. Needless to say, besides my Undying love for old people, these simple lines ("an old calender, an empty plate") strike a vivid imagery - as rejil puts it - touching you truly. Hmm...i think you write well :)

Popular posts from this blog

Replay

I am in a phase of recovery and discovery. Its been a while since I listened to something with quite a zeal and passion in such a way that I pick up a pen and scribble away.  This season its John Mayer, Oasis, Lucky Ali and a few others that are constantly at my beck and call thanks to a button called - replay. Drop his name,  Push it in and twist the knife again,  Watch my face,  A s I pretend to feel no pain.. (Heartbreak Warfare) Even if your hands are shaking, And your faith is broken. Even as the eyes are closin', Do it with a heart wide open. Say what you need to say.. Hold up, Hold on, Don't be scared, You'll never change what's been and gone, May your smile (may your smile) Shine on (shine on) Don't be scared (don't be scared) Your destiny may keep you warm Stop crying your heart out - Oasis And when you're needing your space,  To do some navigating,  I'll be here pati...

These 2

How proud are you about seeing people you know go places? Seeing them grow? Seeing them inspire you. Seeing them teach you a thing or two when they claimed that that's what you did in the first place. I know two and am grateful they came by my way. Megs & Krusty  

FEW

These are the few of those who have made an impact in the last 2 years to my world around me. Its funny that time spent will be memory now although the relations will run deeper.  Be it dinner at Shri or just a walk post class that is destressing, the coffee at the tuck or the wild gaping at the time tables...the angst against the system, exchanging travel plans, the meat at Kareeems... Its been a wild ride and its just begun. Thank you- Renu, Venky, Chintan,Mehul, DB, PC