Skip to main content

Over & Out

So 2015 was quite uneventful & drab but even then it has its share of personal achievements that I can think of. Clicking pictures and writing took a back seat, I chose to soak it all in rather than look through the viewfinder that often.
  1. I traveled and how. A personal decision became a mission and one that was well achieved. Where all did I go? Amsterdam, Delhi (Thrice), Chennai (Twice), Goa, Srinagar - Gulmarg, Pondicherry. Can't wait to better this in 2016. 
  2. Cooked to save a life and more. Chicken curries and rice and a tad bit more. I want to move onto making cocktails now.
  3. Traveled with my sibling. While I have traveled with friends, family & cousins I have never traveled with her alone.
  4. Went to Kashmir. The place was home once - as my grand mom tells me & exactly how she described it from memory.
  5. Two of my closest friends got married. One after over 12 years of courtship. True love exists.
  6. Attend a Telugu wedding - check.
  7. Aced all my tests - blood tests of some 8 types. Don't remember the last time I got them.
  8. Traveled by a plane, bus, tram, cycle, car & a boat - all on a single vacation itself. 
  9. Tried Marijuana : ) No wait - 'did' marijuana
  10. Took a holiday with a friend. Had never done so - strongly advise it.

Comments

P. said…
Such exciting items on this list. Particularly stoked about all trips you took with loved ones.

You were resilient and brave this year; I hope that 2016 rewards you for it and so much happiness comes your way. Love!
Akshay said…
Not without you. Never could have or ever will.

Popular posts from this blog

Replay

I am in a phase of recovery and discovery. Its been a while since I listened to something with quite a zeal and passion in such a way that I pick up a pen and scribble away.  This season its John Mayer, Oasis, Lucky Ali and a few others that are constantly at my beck and call thanks to a button called - replay. Drop his name,  Push it in and twist the knife again,  Watch my face,  A s I pretend to feel no pain.. (Heartbreak Warfare) Even if your hands are shaking, And your faith is broken. Even as the eyes are closin', Do it with a heart wide open. Say what you need to say.. Hold up, Hold on, Don't be scared, You'll never change what's been and gone, May your smile (may your smile) Shine on (shine on) Don't be scared (don't be scared) Your destiny may keep you warm Stop crying your heart out - Oasis And when you're needing your space,  To do some navigating,  I'll be here pati...

These 2

How proud are you about seeing people you know go places? Seeing them grow? Seeing them inspire you. Seeing them teach you a thing or two when they claimed that that's what you did in the first place. I know two and am grateful they came by my way. Megs & Krusty  

FEW

These are the few of those who have made an impact in the last 2 years to my world around me. Its funny that time spent will be memory now although the relations will run deeper.  Be it dinner at Shri or just a walk post class that is destressing, the coffee at the tuck or the wild gaping at the time tables...the angst against the system, exchanging travel plans, the meat at Kareeems... Its been a wild ride and its just begun. Thank you- Renu, Venky, Chintan,Mehul, DB, PC