Skip to main content

Just for kicks

Of late I have realised that half the youth in this country gets into drinking out of peer pressure if not all of it.
Not that it bothers me. To be honest it provides comic relief.

Sitting with friends & colleagues and often the butt of all jokes when I grab a coke or any other non alcoholic brew, is a common occurrence now. I do drink. I am not a teetotaller but then its the company & the occasion that matters to me most importantly. I can count on my fingers the few people whom I would love to grab a beer with and will do so without fail when the opportunity arises. Its all about the moment.



Alcohol does not intoxicate me.
Life and its moments do and if one has to take to alcohol to get life to kick started...well.

PS: I trip on wine and beer. In that order.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Replay

I am in a phase of recovery and discovery. Its been a while since I listened to something with quite a zeal and passion in such a way that I pick up a pen and scribble away.  This season its John Mayer, Oasis, Lucky Ali and a few others that are constantly at my beck and call thanks to a button called - replay. Drop his name,  Push it in and twist the knife again,  Watch my face,  A s I pretend to feel no pain.. (Heartbreak Warfare) Even if your hands are shaking, And your faith is broken. Even as the eyes are closin', Do it with a heart wide open. Say what you need to say.. Hold up, Hold on, Don't be scared, You'll never change what's been and gone, May your smile (may your smile) Shine on (shine on) Don't be scared (don't be scared) Your destiny may keep you warm Stop crying your heart out - Oasis And when you're needing your space,  To do some navigating,  I'll be here pati...

These 2

How proud are you about seeing people you know go places? Seeing them grow? Seeing them inspire you. Seeing them teach you a thing or two when they claimed that that's what you did in the first place. I know two and am grateful they came by my way. Megs & Krusty  

FEW

These are the few of those who have made an impact in the last 2 years to my world around me. Its funny that time spent will be memory now although the relations will run deeper.  Be it dinner at Shri or just a walk post class that is destressing, the coffee at the tuck or the wild gaping at the time tables...the angst against the system, exchanging travel plans, the meat at Kareeems... Its been a wild ride and its just begun. Thank you- Renu, Venky, Chintan,Mehul, DB, PC